We are less than 2 months away from opening for the 2016 season; opening on Saturday, May 28th at 11am. We are very excited for another fun summer pool season at OMSC. The OMSC Board of Directors has been busy with additional facility improvements along with a fun-filled social calendar to celebrate the Summer Olympics! Communication is vital to the success of our pool, so look for updates from us periodically.
Here are a several updates, reminders and upcoming events:
1) In preparation for opening day and your first visit, please be sure to locate your pool tags. These tags are to be used year after year for entry into the facility. Each member of your family should have a pool tag and guest passes remain in effect the same as last year; 2 per Family membership and 1 per Senior membership. If you have guests beyond your allotted guest passes, entry is $5 per guest.
Tag Tip: Keep your tags on a key chain or carabineer clip with your swim bag so they are easy to locate each year.
2) 2016 Pool Hours of Operation are the same as last season. Following is a reminder for when school is in session.
MCPS school days:
Open: 3pm on days when MCPS is in session
Close: 8pm on evenings prior to MCPS school days
3) We are making improvements to the pavilion (wood replacement, gutters, downspouts, staining, power washing, etc.) In addition, we have re-strapped 6 older chairs and made several purchases; 3 new lifeguard umbrellas, 3 new table sets (including chairs and umbrellas), 6 new chairs that were beyond repair and 15 new umbrellas for around the pool.
4) We will be hosting a Community Pool clean-up day in preparation for the pool opening. Please join us in this event to help bring our community together to help our pool be the best it can be for opening weekend. We will be planting flowers, cleaning and scrubbing older lounge chairs, painting exterior doors and building desks and shelves in the guard office. If you are interested in helping, please send an email through the pool website at www.omswimclub.com. More information to follow once date and time are set for this effort.
5) Save the date and be sure to participate in our Opening Picnic on Monday, May 30th. This is a members-only event and the pool will provide food. If you have any interest in helping out, please contact Social via the website. We can always use help grilling, serving, setting and cleaning up after the event.
6) The Social Committee has several events in store for the summer season; movie nights, crab feast and numerous other family events. You can find a listing of events on the pool website.
Thanks for your feedback and support. We are lucky to have a great community in OMSC.
The OMSC Board of Directors