Greetings OMSC Members,
We are less than 2 months away from opening for the 2018 season; opening on Saturday, May 26th at 11am. We are very excited for another fun summer pool season at OMSC. The OMSC Board of Directors has been busy with additional facility improvements along with planning a fun-filled social calendar! Communication is vital to the success of our pool, so look for updates from us periodically.
Here are a several updates, reminders and upcoming events:
1) In preparation for opening day and your first visit, please be sure to locate your pool tags. These tags are to be used year after year for entry into the facility. Each member of your family should have a pool tag and guest passes remain in effect the same as last year; 2 per Family membership and 1 per Senior membership. If you have guests beyond your allotted guest passes, entry is $5 per guest.
New members can pick up their pool tags at the front desk once the pool opens.
Tag Tip: Keep your tags on a key chain or carabiner clip with your swim bag so they are easy to locate each year.
2) 2018 Pool Hours of Operation are the same as last season, with the exception of our opening time while school is in still in session. Following is a reminder for when school is in session.
On MCPS school days:
Pool Opens: 4:00 p.m. on days when MCPS is in session (M-F)
Pool Closes: 8:00 p.m. on evenings prior to MCPS school days (M-Th, and Sundays)
In addition, Open well use vs. Diving Board/Slide use - Hours for using the dive well also remain the same as last season. A sign will be posted to prevent any confusion. Open well is available on the odd hour between 1:00-8:00 p.m. on weekdays, i.e., open well at 1 p.m, 3 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. for an hour. Thanks for your cooperation.
The calendar on the club’s website has been updated with the dates that the pool will be opening late/closing early due to swim team events. Be sure to check the calendar for those dates and times.
3) The pool sustained some damage during the recent wind storm. A tree fell from outside the property onto the fence near the pavilion and damaged both the fence and minimally, the pavilion. The tree has since been removed, and the fence has been temporarily repaired, with a permanent repair soon.
4) We are making improvements to the pool! Both the main pool and the baby pool are being re-plastered, with the main pool getting new tile and new coping stone. In addition, we have re-strapped several older chairs and are purchasing some new table sets (including chairs and umbrellas).
5) Save the date and be sure to participate in our Opening Picnic on Sunday, May 27th. (Raindate: Monday, May 28th). This is a members-only event and the pool will provide food. If you have any interest in helping out, please contact Social via the website. We can always use help grilling, serving, setting and cleaning up after the event.
6) The Social Committee has several events in store for the summer season; movie nights, the annual crab feast and numerous other family events. You can find a listing soon of events on the pool website. New this year, the pool will be selling punch cards for ice cream, a creative alternative for a cash-free snack transaction for your kids (and adults!)
For additional pool information, please refer to www.omswimclub.com.
As always, thanks for your feedback and support. We are lucky to have a great community in OMSC.
The OMSC Board of Directors
Greetings OMSC Members,