Welcome back Otters!
The 2022 season for the pool begins on Saturday, May 28th at 11 am. This will be the pools 50th anniversary year! Welcome back to all returning members, and welcome to our community for all new OMSC members. Last year we had a very successful summer despite the continued challenges for everyone. We all adapted and made the most of our time at the pool. This year should start feeling close to normal again and we all looking forward to a fun packed season! We look forward to seeing everyone soon!
We no longer have any Montgomery County limitations, therefore no reservations will be required to visit the pool. We do ask that you be respectful of other members around you as always. When you arrive at the pool you check in by simply giving your name to the front desk. We are also asking members to check out with the front desk when they leave the pool. This will enable guards, and members, to see how many people are at the pool at any given time.
Some things to keep in mind while planning your visit:
Pool hours will be the same as they were in 2021:
While MCPS is in Session:
- During the off-season, repairs were made to the main pump and filtration system.
- Please utilize beach towels when sitting on chairs as the oils/lotions used for sun protection are staining the chairs. One of the biggest complaints we receive are that the chairs are stained. We did purchase and refurbish chairs and umbrellas to aid in these conditions. We also power-wash the furniture at the beginning of the pool season to help remove any stains. The repair of the large, permanent umbrella is difficult in that vendors who do this type of work are not available and supply chain issues are also not helping.
- As always, there is NO GLASS allowed on property. Do not bring beverages in glass bottles and pour into a cup. You will be asked to leave if you bring in glass. Also, do not take food or beverages into the pool.
- Please clean up your area when you are done so other members can also enjoy. It is not the lifeguards' duties to clean your mess.
- All children who are still in diapers MUST utilize a rubber diaper swim cover.
- Guests - Each family, couple, senior, and single membership will receive 5 guest passes this season. Additional passes must be purchased via MemberSplash or at the front desk for $5.00 per visit/guest. Members who refer a new member that signs up will receive an additional 5 free guest passes.
- We are happy to say that private parties are allowed! Please contact Membership to make your reservations.
- Ice Cream/Snack Cards - Be sure to purchase the cards at the front desk for use throughout the summer. Each card costs $20 payable by check or credit card. Cards from last year are still good to use, should you still have them.
- Lap Lane - Will will still utilize MemberSplash reservations for the lap lane. Please reach out if you need help making a reservation.
- Swim Team - If you are interested in joining the swim team please visit http://www.olneymillswimteam.com. We are gearing up for a full season and everyone is ready to swim fast!
- Swim lessons will be offered for an additional cost. More information will be available in the coming weeks.
- We have a grill for members to use. It will be out again this year, feel free to use it! Propane is in place; should it be empty please notify staff and it will be changed out. Happy gilling!
- Pool toys will be permitted, at lifeguard discretion. Please be mindful of others in the pool though.
- Lost and Found will be maintained for one week periods inside the main lobby.
- One of our members is an Eagle Scout and is working on a project which is going to beautify the pool. Be on the lookout for a new sign on the building when you arrive!
- Repairs to the fence along the woods and baby pool have been completed.
- Lots of fun activities are being planned this year such as our annual Crab Feast, movie nights, teen nights, kid BINGO, bands, trivia nights, and many other ideas are underway. Please check the website online calendar for events. Our first event will be the Annual Welcome Back BBQ held on Sunday May 29th from Noon to 2 PM. Pool will provide hamburgers, hot dogs, and drinks. Members are asked to bring a side or dessert to share.
- Sunday 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Monday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Friday 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Saturday 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM